Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Best American Beer

Hello,





What is the best widely available american beer in pubs and bars etc.





Many thanks.



Best American Beer


Opinions vary, but IMO, Sam Adams is the best - most bars have it on tap. You%26#39;ll find Miller and Budweiser products on tap everywhere.



Best American Beer


I vote for Bud. I think it tastes better in the US than it does in the UK. I don%26#39;t know if there is a real difference or not. Its kind of like have a Guiness at your local pub and then having one in Dublin - much better!





Sam Adams is pretty tasty too. Coors is not so good.




Sam Adams is good and widely available, but ask at the bar what micro brews they have. Beer in America has come along way in the past 10 years, there are many,many great micro brew beers around. Ask what they have and try one. SweetWater, AnchorSteam, Sierra Nevada ,Red Hook to name a few. Stay away from Bud, Millers, Coors if you like decent beer IMO!! Just ask the staff,they%26#39;ll tell you what micros they have and can recommend.




Thanks for the replies.





I like the idea of Sam Adams as I have never tried it before. I am also glad Bud taste different in Orlando than home, is it still 5%?





I will look out for micro brewes but as I am staying in tourist heaven (I-Drive) I don%26#39;t think there will be any places doing them.




I%26#39;m more of a wine drinker but here%26#39;s my list:





Boulevard Pale Ale (with a wedge of lemon, mmm)(I think this is brewed in America)



Coors Light (cold and crisp just like the Rockies)



Miller Chill or I believe Budweiser has a version like this with lime also.




I am partial to our local brew Abita Amber but that%26#39;s only available on tap here. In Orlando I usually go with Sam.





Jennifer




Definitely Sam Adams Boston Lager but their seasonal beers are also good (right now is Sam Adams Octoberfest).



Budweiser isn%26#39;t even a contender!




warning: copy and paste this in your notepad or somewhere where the owls can%26#39;t delete it





Ok, the answer to that VERY on topic question is:





Budweiser!




BUD %26amp; MIC for me tke top spots, strange people say SAM ADAMS as I am not fussy. On the other side the wife loves it, but wouldn%26#39;t try a dark beer at home.





It all nice after a long day in the parks.





If you get a chance on your way out of Universal sit on the kerb with a bottle of BUD and watch the world go by...great way to finish the day off.





Only have the one if driving..




Well as a Scotsman My opinion is simple ;-)





If its chilled and the sun is shining and its got an alcohol content,,,,,,,,,,, Drink It ;-)







btw my poison is cider ;-)







Cheers ;-) Wullie

No comments:

Post a Comment