Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Help - hotel near convention center

Hi,





I%26#39;m flying in from Canada in a few weeks and am looking for an inexpensive hotel for a few nights fairly close to the Convention Centre. I am a girl travelling alone so a good part of the city would be helpful.





I have been looking at Hyde Park Hotel.......and suggestions about that?





I had looked at a few motels on North Dale Marby but the reviews say it is in a bad part of town.





Also, how far is the convention centre from the airport?





Please help!



Help - hotel near convention center


I don%26#39;t know much about the Hyde Park Hotel, but you will need a rental car to get to the Convention Center from there. I would consider it too far to walk.





If you are on a budget, I would try doing priceline for a downtown hotel. I believe others have won the Sheraton Riverwalk for less than $100/night in the past. It is walkable to Convention Center and seems safe. You can look at www.betterbidding.com or www.biddingfortravel.com for tips on how to bid.





The Embassy Suites Convention Center, Marriott Waterside and Westin Harbour Island are all an easy walk and very safe, but are not inexpensive. You may win them on priceline, though - never know!





The airport is about a 20 minute drive to Convention Center depending on traffic. There is a flat rate for taxis from the airport to downtown of I believe $25.



Help - hotel near convention center


Hi FSUFUN,





Thanks for those tips.......I%26#39;ve never ';bidded'; but I will definitely check it out!





Even though it may be a bit further, can you tell me about the neighborhood that the Hyde Park Hotel is in........I%26#39;ve been trying to search and it ';sounds'; ok but would love some first-hand opinions.





Also, I%26#39;m sure taxis are fairly easy to come by, what do you think the average fair would be from the Hyde Park to the Convention Centre (is it ';fairly close, a few miles?)? Or would it be cheaper just to rent a car?





Thanks again!




Hyde Park Hotel is nice, had a friend stay there for a month, they are small apartments..excellent part of town, Hyde Park/SOHO, you can walk to everything, from Starbucks, Panera, to over a dozen great restaurants all along Howard Avenue, grocery store, walgreens, etc...grteat part of town, and a cab would be a flat fare of $3.00 per person each way since you are ';intown';.




Yaaaaay! You just made my day!!!! Thanks so much for the reply. I%26#39;m so glad to hear that Hyde Park is a great part of town!





I can%26#39;t wait to visit!!!!!





Thanks again!




Hyde Park is actually one of the MOST desireable areas to live in Tampa, by the way. ON the Natinal Register of Historic Places..make sure you walk around the Hyde Park Village neighborhood, homes form the late 1800%26#39;s early 1900%26#39;s, and also Bayshore Blvd.




I think that the $3 rate only applies if there are 2 or more passengers. If you are taking a taxi alone, I believe they will use the meter. I take taxis from Harbour Island to Howard Ave. and back often and it is about a $10 cab ride. It should be about the same or a bit less from that hotel to the Convention Center.




IN that case, I would probably just take the city bus(#4 goes up Howard Ave and Swann Ave to downtown, about 10 min., ). It runs every hour. $1.50 each way.





hartline.org




Oooohhh yes, a $10 cab ride each way is a bit more pricey than $3. I%26#39;ll have to check into that for sure.........





The bus sounds ok, is there a bus stop near the hotel?





I wonder if it would be just cheaper to rent a car?




The bus runs less than a block by the hotel along Howard Ave(the #4)..clean and convenient, $1.50 each way. The Hyde Park hotel can tell you the times it runs by them.





Car rental would be good if you needed to go outside of In town areas, but you will also pay to park at the convention center daily.


  • revlon lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment