Monday, April 23, 2012

Virgin Travellers Plz Read - Help Needed!

Hi Everyone,





After re-booking with Virgin via C0-Op Travel after the collapse of XL there are a few discrepancies on my confirmation that I have received today.



On my paperwork that I got on the day of booking it states the total amount for the hol (cost for the operator) and the deposit they received from me.



But on the confirmation paperwork I received today I have a confirmation/invoice from C0-Op stating the balance due, now that my deposit is paid (which is correct), but also have a Virgin invoice stapled to this where it says that the total cost is 拢180 more than the Co-Op invoice and that no payment has been made!?!?!?





Please help?!? Will check this with C0-Op tomorrow but just wondering which is correct? Has anybody else encountered this???



Just wanted to ask on here before I go and make a complete fool of myself if I%26#39;ve missed somehing important.



Virgin Travellers Plz Read - Help Needed!


I wouldn%26#39;t panic Shell, go into the CO OP tomorrow and just ask the question. You might find its a discount CO OP have given you for booking through them!



I am sure once you have spoken to you travel agent all will be explained.





Emilysmum



Virgin Travellers Plz Read - Help Needed!


Becoming quite an occurence, you solving my problems / saving me from a nervous breakdown!!!!!!



Yes this would seem a very logical explanation as Co-Op did give me a discount.



Will pop in tomorrow and query anyway - guessin that my booking is with C0-Op so should only be concerned with their invoices/prices?????





Feel like I%26#39;m just teetering on the edge at the moment - convinced something is gonna go wrong between now and Sept 09. Such a worrier (and its a loooonnng time til Sept comes haha)



Thanx........again :-)




Hi Shell. Virgin would have issued their invoice straight away, without having received any monies from Coop Tvl and therefore will show no monies paid, and maybe the 拢180 difference is a discount you may have had with Coop Tvl that will not be shown by Virgin. Hope I%26#39;m right, I was a travel agent for many years and that often sparked queries from clients (7yrs of those where for travel city, so shocked at whats happened!)




Think this is what it probably is. Quite new to travel so the TCD collapse (we had a booking with them) has left me teetering on the edge!!!! Lots of un-necessary worrying in our household (by me not OH ,of course - he%26#39;s just looking at me like I%26#39;m on day release from a secured hospital haha!)



Thanx for the re-assurance!

No comments:

Post a Comment