Monday, April 23, 2012

Car rental pickup lines at MCO

I%26#39;ll be getting in to MCO at about 3-30 pm on Saturday afternoon, as I guess this must be one of the busiest times, is it a long wait to pick up the car (Alamo)?





If I know I%26#39;ve a long wait I%26#39;ll pysche myself up for it as it will be probably the fifth or sixth line of the day.





BTW its booked and paid for.





Thanks





Yorsoul



Car rental pickup lines at MCO


At this time of the year, I don%26#39;t think the lines will be more than 5/6 people long - IMHO



Car rental pickup lines at MCO


It all depends on the flights coming in. I have walked straight up to the counter many times. An almost equal amount of times I have waited in line from 20-40 minutes. It is basically the luck of the draw.



What you can do is stand in the Alamo line which is 2 floors below the baggage pickup while the rest of your family waits for the baggage. My wife and I do this always and 90 percent of the time I am through the Alamo line before my wife has all the bags.




I second the ';one go for luggage one go for car rental'; if at the Airport but I thought Alamo was offsite? I think you will be fine




Alamo has been on site since 2003.




Ooops sorry - I run so fast to the Budget line or the Thrifty bus I didn%26#39;t notice...





Budget line was horrendous in April - thought I was going to cry!





Thrifty for me in November..




No reason to stand in line at all-try checking in online and if you can%26#39;t do that(I don%26#39;t know if non US can),at least join the loyalty program so you can go directly to the garage and pick up the car and skip the airport line




Yep I learnt my lesson after Budget in April and now am a Blue chip member of Thrifty.





You can join them online from the UK if you do it in advance - would save time.




If you book a package vacation you cannot pre-check in with your rental car. (I have tried). Also, last time I tried to use the kiosks at Alamo you had to have a valid US driver%26#39;s license. They will not read Canadian or European driver%26#39;s licenses.




We have hired with Alamo twice, both in Sept. 1st time queued for 1 hour+ and 2nd we were prepared for the sameagain but walked stright to the counter! I guess it really must be the luck of the draw.




If you have only one bag per person, you don%26#39;t hsave to recheck your bags and can go straight thru on the monorail. Saves time.





I don;%26#39;t believe UK cits or others can join the Alamo program but am not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment