Monday, April 23, 2012

What Would You Do?

Trying to decide on first night activities. Keep in mind that we have a large group that I am afraid is unable or willing to do anything for themselves! My family is arriving by car could be in Orlando by 1:00 or so. The others will be arriving by air 4-5 I would guess. If I could be more of a jerk I would ditch them and have dinner at Wilderness Lodge, have a look around, maybe a dip in the pool and call it a early eve. They want to do everything together- should we stay at the resort and wait for everyones arrival and have dinner at Port Orleans as one big happy family? Thanks for an unbiased opinion!!

What Would You Do?

My honest opinion? No,don%26#39;t fake it. You%26#39;re spending $$$$$$$$$$. Do what you want. Enjoy :+)

What Would You Do?

Since everyone will be arriving at different times,there is no way of knowing what shape anyone will be in from their trips.You may wait around for them to arrive only to be told that they want to rest,or they my get in much later than expected.Arrival day is always unpredictable.I would make the plans you want with your family,and start the group activitied the following day.


Sounds like you might be compromising a lot for the rest of the holiday so take your opportunity to do as you wish whilst you can.

Forced independance on the rest of the gang may be no bad thing for them either.


I would decide what you want to do first, and then tell the latecomers what you want to do and where you will be and then suggest that if they are not too tired to join you later.

I have never been away with a large group only by Ex Hubby and my Parents. But it was a nightmare, when we were in the Parks, we spent half the time waiting or looking for my Parents.

Maybe you could come to some kind of arrangement between you all. You could all do your own thing during the day, and then just maybe meet up for Dinner or visa versa.

Caz Essex X


If I were you in your shoes I would tell everyone to do their own thing the first day/evening due to different arrival times - remember the flight could be delayed then your family would be wasting a good half day and evening waiting for them when you could be having some family fun, so go ahead, bite the bullet and tell them you%26#39;ll see them at breakfast the following day if not before.

Cherry


If your arriving by car around 1 and they are arriving by air some 3-4hrs later I would do my own thing. Why should you wait around the resort for them to arrive...what if there flight is delayed?? you could be waiting around even longer. But I can see your problem.

When we went with a large group of my family...they arrived a few days ahead of us (couldnt get flights on the same day). Our flight was delayed and it took along time for us to get out of the airport and didnt arrive until 3hrs after our expected arrival time. We had just walked into our room when the rest of the group arrived to see us. They wanted to take the kids off to seaworld but all we wanted to do was sit and relax for a bit. We felt pressured into going but ended up just going for a bite to eat.

I suggest you go for a look around the resort %26amp; dip in the pool when you arrive, check on their arrival time, if they arrive ontime then say hi, leave them to unpack while you go for your meal, tell them you will meet them for a drink later.

You can tell them that this is what you intend to do before you go so there is no surprises for them when they arrive. Just put it down to you all arriving at different times, not knowing if your going to be delayed and feeling after travelling.

There will be plenty of time to all sit down together and have a big family meal during the holiday.


Thanks for the advice! I just dont want to be the bad guy. Since I am the planner for the group I felt it best to ask if I was out of line. Can never be too carefull when it comes to family activities! We are planning on doing a character breakfast the first morning anyway-you now I was thinking to get the big family pictures out of the way the first morn. before the attitudes and fighting begins haha


Enjoy and cherish your First Afternoon and Evening :)


You can always meet them after dinner by the pool? that way you will all do what you want.

Given what you have said I fear for your holiday happiness, and demand an TR on your return lol.

  • dispersion of pigment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment