Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A few questions on World Marriott Orlando

Hi - heading to the World Marriott Orlando in Oct. for a work conference for my husband. I will be on my own for several nights for dinner and am wondering if the food and restaurants at the hotel are decent or should I stick to room service? Is there anything close that I could venture out to - we will not be renting a car.

Also I understand this hotel is close to some of the Disney parks - can anyone tell me which ones are closest.

I read that if we do want to leave hotel property to make sure we get an actual taxi cab and not a black car that the hotel has taxi deals with...can anyone confirm this info for me.

Thanks in advance for the help!

A few questions on World Marriott Orlando

bumping...anyone???

A few questions on World Marriott Orlando

Use a metered cab, or agree on a set price in advance.

I%26#39;m not familiar with any of the restaurants at that hotel, but it%26#39;s close to Downtown Disney, and there are some terrific places to dine there. :)


My husband and I stayed at World Center Marriott a few years ago. The only restaurant we ate at was Ristorante Tuscany which was very good! The hotel is very nice with alot of nice amenities. You are less than 2 miles to Disney, approx. 5 miles to Seaworld and Discovery Cove and about 10 miles to Universal.


nychic1,

It has been several years since I have eaten at the World Center. I remember the restaurants being good.

The real problem will be that with a convention in the building, the restaurants are likely to be crowded on the nights that the convention is not doing its awards banquet and you will want to go to that in any case.

There are a couple of thoughts to consider. Is the convention running spouse programs? They may be worth doing. Does the hotel run a regularly scheduled shuttle to Downtown Disney? DTD has some very nice restaurants. Will there be other spouses in similar predicaments who drove there? DTD is much more fun in a group than by oneself.

Do not spend your evenings alone in your room. Orlando is too much fun for that.

Enjoy your visit!

CTR


Thanks for the responses...really appreciate it.

Unfortunately this convention is not hosting and spousal programs. I will definitely try to meet up with other spouses in my situation.

Thanks again for the tips!


I%26#39;ve never stayed there, but I usually pass by it on the way to my hotel near Epcot. I can%26#39;t be sure, but I would not expect a taxi to Disney%26#39;s Boardwalk hotel to cost more than $10 - $15 or so from there (each way). The Boardwalk is part of the ';Epcot Resort'; area - a really nice place to spend an evening if you aren%26#39;t going to the parks - lots of restaurants in easy walking distance (in the hotels); hotels worth exploring, street entertainers on the boardwalk, etc. It%26#39;s a really pretty area at night, and you can even see some of the Epcot fireworks at 9:00.

If you have people to share the taxi with, I would also recommend going to one of the restaurants at the Grand Floridian, Polynesian, or Contemporary hotels. I would estimate a taxi to these would probably cost $25-30 from your hotel (each way), but from there you can ride the monorail around to see the other hotels, and watch the MK fireworks and the Electric Water Parade from the beach at the Polynesian.

MGM is probably the closest park, with Epcot just a little bit further.


OOps - What was once MGM is now called Hollywood Studios.


Great suggestions Dolphin Fan...thanks so much! I love the Swan/Dolphin too - got to stay there a few years back and really loved that area - great boardwalk like you said. Didn%26#39;t realize that wasn%26#39;t too far from my hotel - would love heading over there one night. Definitely a nice place to walk around. Thanks again for the tips!

  • revlon lipstick
  • web proxy server
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment