Wednesday, April 25, 2012

pre cruise night

Hi

on the night before our cruise, our agent has booked us into the Rui Miami beach hotel, could anyone tell me what this is like, what%26#39;s in the vicinity to do of an evening, we would also like to visit a walmart for last minute shopping, is there one close by, if not how long would it take to get to one and would we be able to taxi it.

thanks guys

pre cruise night

luby%26gt;

Not nearby. The WalMart company has not moved into Miami Beach yet - only Miami (another city). If you do not mind my asking, what do you want to buy? Perhaps I can suggest another shop... Check this -

I made you a map to help you plan%26gt;

shopping%26gt; http://tinyurl.com/27xdoy

If you come to the Riu via the motorway 1-95, you can stop en route at MidTown Mall and shop there. There is a Target and some fun discount shops like ROSS and Marshalls, a large electronics store etc.

On the morning of the cruise, you can shop near the Port. Here is a guide I made for te cruise port area:

Port Area%26gt; http://tinyurl.com/2wavz8

Remember to buy sunscreen and that it is permissible to bring along a bottle of your own on some ships (which saves you plenty of $$$ on liquor on board).

Check with the cruise website for more info...

Enjoy!

AG

pre cruise night

Hi AG

How clever are you!! thanks for taking the time to do that for me and picking up my post I really appreciate it.

It%26#39;s our first time to Miami or should i say Miami beach. I thought they were both the same area.? It%26#39;s also our first time on a cruise, there are 8 going and my son is getting married whilst docking in Jamaica. I wanted to buy some fun wedding things, you know to decorate the room after they are married married but nothing rude or tasteless if you know what i mean ha he is my son after all.

I also wanted to buy some cans fizzy drinks and bottled water for the boat. we are going with royal Carnival to western caribbean, I would love to take some champagne but don%26#39;t know if this is allowed. What else? I love buying bedding whenever I am in the states and my sons I think would like to look at the electronics, consoles games that sort of thing or maybe they would just rather hangout on the beach and leave the shopping to us.lol!!

I thought of walmart because we don%26#39;t have a great deal of time and they sell everything in the one shop. someone told me there was 3 in the area somewhere. obviously that information is wrong!

As to the hotel we have been booked into. I have just read some of the reviews. Some of which sound very daunting, do you think i should try and get it changed and if so what one would be either close to a beach yet central to everything. I should have done a lot of research before booking this but it was a bit of a last minute thing.

Thanks AG

Luby


Luby

Unfortuantely RCCL have a policy against bringing alcohol onboard :-( (if they find it, they confiscate it).

You can pre-order champagne to be delivered to one or more of your cabins (I pre-ordered wine and chocolates for my Mum and her cousin on their cruise last week - they got it the day they embarked :-) ).

They also have a nice Champagne Bar onboard and a reasonable choice of champagne (by the bottle) on the dining room menu. There champagne by the glass in the dining rooms is not hugely impressive: I have taken to buying a glass in the champagne bar and taking it into the DR with me...

UCC


Hi UCC. We have a wedding coordinated and have ordered the wedding package they have on board which include, flowers, button hole,s champaign,cake etc so all that is sorted for the day. but as an extra supprice i wanted to order BFast in bed for her and have champaign whist she is getting dressed etc my DH and other son%26#39;s were going to do the same with my son who is getting married. so there is going to be a lot of drink needed we were hoping we could gift wrap it ut best not to take any.

Hanna did you hear about the bus being bombed in Dubai today?? you go on your cruise in a day or 2 don%26#39;t you. we have found the mane of the hotel i did say it was not very well know so hopefully we will change that if not we will just suffer the loss and book else where, don%26#39;t think i could stay in a place that is not suitable. especially if the lifts are prone to breaking down. If I don%26#39;t catch you before you leave have a fantastic time and email me all about it when you get back.

luby


Hi

I am not off for another week (a week today we head for Heathrow, flying on the Friday).

Good luck working out what to do about the hotel: would be a shame to waste the money already spent, BUT I have checked out of a pre-paid hotel before (in Orlando) because I didn%26#39;t like it.

We are at the JW Marriott next week. My Mum just came back from the Intercontinental (very near the Port and close to Bayside Market Place) and she said that was really nice - probably better placed with ';more going on around it'; than the JW Marriott. You might be able to negotiate a ';day room'; or two at the Intercontinental (for when you come off the cruise): they don%26#39;t advertise them on their website, but they may be able to accomodate you...

UCC

  • girl myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment