Monday, April 23, 2012

MM for condo rental

I%26#39;m looking at condos to rent for a week for myself and my boyfriend (in our 30%26#39;s). We would like to relax in the mornings at the condo and go to beach bars or out to eat in the afternoon/early evening.



What mile marker should we try to be around/near to be within a good location to drive easily to various outside bars and or restaurants?



Thanks,



Beth



MM for condo rental


The 80%26#39;s or high 70%26#39;s.





Kon Tiki has full apt type rooms. #3 and 4 are our faves. Tarpon Flats is also in this area.



MM for condo rental


http://www.kontiki-resort.com/rooms.cfm




I found one at MM87. Does anyone know information regarding this part of Islamorada? The info says it is near Founder%26#39;s Park.



Thanks.




There are a few things around, but not as much as lower 80%26#39;s. Fine area, but not what you are asking for in your original question.



Yes, easy enough drive to restaurants, Island Grill is close by, one of my faves. The larger cluster of shops and restaurants are further down.



Skip Holiday Isle which is kinda close.




Thank you so much for your help and comments.



I will try to look closer to your suggestion - lower 80%26#39;s.



The KonTiki looks nice, but a little bit more than I want to pay. I need a place with a seperate bedroom. I was hoping to find a condo for this purpose and spend around 700 - 800 for the week (without tax).



The condos I found in that price range are all close to high 80%26#39;s MM.



I will keep looking, but also it wouldn%26#39;t be bad to drive a few miles each day to save the money on the room rental.




Also - I did a search for Tarpon Flats and didn%26#39;t find anything. Is this a hotel or condo?



Thanks.




Are you stuck on Islamorada? It%26#39;s a beautiful key but, if you want to walk to restaurants, bars and stay somewhere with a bedroom, you might want to look at Key Colony Beach, near Marathon. You could check out the Continental Inn or rent a 1/2 duplex with Cabana Club access (huge pool, bar, grill, beach) from a private owner www.vrbo.com. I have seen 1 bedroom duplex%26#39;s rent for $800 a week.




VRBO might be your only option and Key Colony Beach was an excellent suggestion for what you are now looking for, as long as it%26#39;s right now until right before Thanksgiving, after that prices jump.





Your price-range is going to make it even more difficult for a condo/apt type set up in the Keys, especially Islamorada near the bars etc.






PS



Tarpon Flats are condos next to Kon Tiki, they are upscale. Former Pres Bush stays there.




In addition to vrbo, I%26#39;ve also had good luck renting through this operation: http://www.flakeysrentals.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment