Thursday, April 19, 2012

I'll be 8 mos pregnant on orlando vacay...should I cancel?

Just found out i%26#39;m 8 weeks pregnant with our (opps) third baby. Already booked airfare and hotel for our April 2-9 spring break for my older kids (7 %26amp; 12). My due date is May 1st. I%26#39;m pretty energetic, and would love to go, but is it safe? Anyone ourt there attempted this successfully? Would love to hear about it.



I'll be 8 mos pregnant on orlando vacay...should I cancel?


Hi There, I%26#39;m sure you wont be abe to fly. We went to Cancun 2003 and my cousin had to cancel as she would have been 8 months when we flew



I'll be 8 mos pregnant on orlando vacay...should I cancel?


Delta ( my airline ) said I could still fly. I forgot to mention that...Not so concerned with flight, mostly parks, etc.




That%26#39;s brilliant, suppose it all depends on how you feel. I was really energetic at 8 months. Not to sure i would want to do certain rides though, but again depends on how you feel




I thought there had been some more recent threads on this (I know there are as my wife contribiuted) but I couldn%26#39;t find them - desperately been looking for an opportunity to %26#39;bump%26#39; a post...





tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g34515-i19-k8284鈥?/a>




You may also want to check with your insurance they can set limitations on travel at the end of pregnancy you want to make sure that if you deliver early or have any problems you would be covered. Also you may want to ask your doctor mine didn%26#39;t want my flying after 36 weeks. Good luck




My third baby (oops too) arrived almost 4 months ago - I too am fit and active but with running around after other 2 you will perhaps be a little more tired - and dare say it - a little older.





If you can switch dates I would as it is not cheap to go to Disney %26amp; do parks etc so you want to get most out of it. Walking miles each day at 36 weeks will not be fun in the heat and you will want to cut days short.





At 36 weeks you should have a break by a pool with a book - no matter how active you are - as for first 6 weeks post delivery you will be feeding every 2 - 3 hours




You really need to talk to your doctor, I am surprised Delta would let you fly at 8 months! My doctor told me not to fly after 36 weeks. Personally I can%26#39;t think of anything more horrible than walking around Disney in the crowds and heat 8 months pregnant. I know it would be a hassle to rearrange the trip, but really think about what would be best for you and your baby, is flying across the country at 8 months pregnant a good idea??!! One of my children was 5 weeks early the other 3, it does happen.




I too as a biologist find it strange that Delta would allow you to fly at 8 months.





Yes, you could manage it if you had a restriceted park schedule and it wasn%26#39;t very hot (can be cool or hot then).





Not to mention the whole swolen ankle thing.





I%26#39;m thinking you may need to reduce park time, and increase feet up on sunlounger time. And cancel the whole thing if you don%26#39;t have travel insurance (that would cover the whole family trip if you went into labor early or to send you back home after a hospital stay. Or if you have health insurance that doesn%26#39;t cover you if you choose to travel pregnant. check now!




Personally, I would not want to be walking around in FL heat during Spring Break crowds at Disney parks while 8 months pregnant.





You will not be able to ride most of the rides and you will probably be uncomfortable walking all the distances in the park.





Just my honest opinion.




Been there, done that. Okay, it was a long time ago (28 years) with my fourth. Lots of rides you can%26#39;t do, and yes watch the swollen ankles and get the feet up. Honestly, we had a great time, and I did fine. Did not have to fly, however, as relatively local.

No comments:

Post a Comment